Ion acquired an experience of more than 18 years of acting for clients in commercial cases, including insolvency, corporate and shareholders’ actions; administrative litigations, including tax disputes; civil cases, including real estate and contractual liability.
He also has extensive experience in national, European, and international proceedings in connection with enforcing and protection of intellectual and industrial property rights.
Ion has represented clients of various industries (construction, oil and gas, IT, insurance, agriculture, energy drinks, pharmaceuticals,) in front of superior courts and arbitral tribunals.
Before joining Chiuariu & Associates in 2022, Ion was part of the litigation, arbitration, and intellectual property departments of several important national law firms.
Ion holds a Master of Laws degree in International Arbitration in English (2021) from
University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, he is a qualified Patents, Trademarks, and Designs Attorney (2011) and a member of the Bucharest Bar Association (2005).
- representing one of an important Romanian football club in several litigations in connection with the protection of its intellectual property rights, the protection of its rights over the history and the track record in front of Courts of Appeal and Romanian Football Federation
- representing one of the world top companies in fashion and design in connection with several agreements in various domains and in connection with challenging a fiscal decision against the State’s Tax department.
- representing a top local company (Italian investment) in agriculture in several disputes in connection with its economic activity in front of courts of all levels
- representing a well-known investor in connection with several litigations against Bucharest district authorities regarding the denial of construction permits
- representing several Moldavian companies in contractual liability disputes in Romanian courts against their Romanian partners in connection with cereals distribution and services agreements